Being a good software developer requires a certain amount of dedication, commitment and desire to learn.
Here are 10 tips for newbie developers that want to upskill
1) Pick a programming language and stick with it until you've learned enough to understand the fundamentals and how to build with it.
2) Use a platform like Wilco to improve your skills and learn how to work in a real-world environment
3) Build as many projects as you can.
4) Don't be shy to ask questions to as many people as you can, the more questions you ask the more clarity and knowledge you get.
5) Read your favourite project code on GitHub. This is one of the fastest ways to learn how to write good code.
6) Learn to follow coding best practices at all times, this will improve the quality of your code and prepare you for working in a team.
7) You can improve your skill by contributing to open-source projects. You'll learn a lot. Contributing to Open Source is always a good idea.
8) Learn how to write. Writing blog posts, articles etc. will improve your knowledge about a particular subject matter and also expose you to opportunities.
9) Learn how to write tests early. While working in a company you'll write tests to avoid bugs in your code.
10) Try to stay up to date with industry trends. This will improve your value in the job market.
That's all, follow @trywilco for more developer tips like this.